Tuesday 6 October 2009

BC_Racing Suspension





I was rather apprehensive of this system when I first read about it, it seemed too good to be true, but on going round and seeing for myself what it was all about I was happy to give them all the struts and springs they needed to copy and make it work.

On receiving the first set I wasn't dissapointed, the build quality and way it fitted was 1st class, likewise the way the car drove when it was fitted.

Terry, the new owner of an immaculate and beautifully standard (apart from the nice wheels!) white 16v had come to us complaining about the terrible ride on his car, "A shocker must be leaking or a spring broken" he said.
I checked the car over and found nothing wrong, the front struts were nearly new. This just goes to show how bad the OE set up is when a new owner thinks it is defective, Terry opted for the BC-Racing fast road set up.

We carefully fitted the struts and set the car up by lowering it just 20mm and resetting the tracking and camber to our specs. What an improvement! On the softest setting the car just soaks up the bumps and holds itself upright when cornering, if you are found wanting something stiffer then it is a simple job to just turn the top adjuster to firmer for those more spirited days out and trackdays.

The next time I saw Terry was at the Club Lancia Sport Curborough track day where he was lapping quicker and more composed than most people there - including the more higher powered modified cars.

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the Deltaparts Blog, here you will find, well, anything which is on my mind I guess, but mainly things to do with the Lancia Delta integrale and in particular anything to do with my business, Deltaparts. It will be a bit irregular as it's not every day (or even week) that something worth mentioning happens. I would like to try and make it interesting - at least to some people anyhow, but also hopefully accessible and readable for the average 'man on the street' so I won't bore you with loads of large words, bombastic overblown sentences or technical jargon. I will describe on here how lots of the parts that we sell came about as there isn't room on the website ( www.deltaparts.co.uk ) to explain. I hope you enjoy reading it as I do writing it, when something becomes a chore you know it's time to stop doing it....